There are two parts to this project.
Part 1: Students will create a slideshow type presentation that depicts their individual emotional resonse to/ interpretation of a pre-selected piece of music. (150 points)
- Music - download from edline and include in your show
- Images - MINIMUM of 25 images that reflect your critical listening analysis of your music selection
- Theme - your presentation and images need to be connected by a strong, unifying theme
- Content - Images must be appropriate and middle school content-friendly
- Image Length - not all images should be viewed the same length of time; they should transition based on musical "hits"
- Transitions - Images should transition appropriately based on music. Transitions should be used to heighten emotional quality of the presentation
- Presentation must be formatted to run automatically
- TITLE Slide must contain 1) Your name (first and last) and class period, 2) Full name of the piece of music using proper use of upper & lowercase letters, 3) Full name of composer
- END slide must say "The End"
- TITLE and END slide should last no more than 3 seconds each.
Part 2: Write a brief summary that describes your interpretation of your musical selection, explain the theme of the presentation, why you chose the images used, and how you decided to use those images to tell your musical story.
- Essay must be TYPED, Times New Roman or Calibri size 12 font
- Minimum 3 paragraphs (beginning, middle, concluding)
- Each paragraph must have at least 3 well-thought out, complete sentences that SUPPORT your interpretation of theme, image selection, and use of those images
- Grammatically correct
EDLINE - Music selection files, Selection Titles and Composer information are on edline. Click on Class Name, Assignments, Music Slideshow Materials.
IMAGEQUEST is a subscription online resource. Passwords for all Tilden online resources are in edline (left column and on Media Center page).
- Create a New Folder in My Documents, Name Folder using project name
- Download Music Selection (right click / save target as / save into project folder)
- Locate appropriate images using recommended sources
- Save images to folder
- Log onto your school issued Google Chrome account
- Go to Drive
- Click New / Click Folder Upload / Select Project folder
If you upload the project files to your Google drive, your images and music will be readily available when and where they are needed.
Create your WeVideo Account. Use your school issued google chrome account as your e-mail address. Go to e-mail account, look for e-mail from WeVideo, click on link in e-mail to authenticate the account.
Create new project following directions on the attached document. Upload Music and image files. IT WILL TAKE TIME TO SORT IMAGES AND SET TIMING TO MUSIC - USE YOUR TIME WISELY.
Click on the image below for an example of a completed project.